AA - AGE DIVISION 6-7 year old players
1) It is the Head Coach’s responsibility to inform your assistant coaches and parents of these rules.
2) The Head Coach is responsible for the behavior of his players, coaches and parents.
3) Common sense shall govern play.
4) Scores and standings are not kept during league play. Coach your team as such and give all players on both teams a positive experience. The 8-and-UNDER Program is ultimately about FUN AND FUNDAMENTALS
8U MINORS, MAJORS, AND KID PITCH - Common Rules and Guidelines
1) Bases shall be set at 60 feet. The pitching machines/pitching rubbers are set 40 feet from the back of home plate.
2) All normal infield positions will be filled and the remaining players dispersed in the outfield on the grass, or at least 20 feet behind the base paths.
3) Outs on the bases should be made by infielders and outfielders should be taught to throw the ball into the infielders or to a cut off person from the infield.
4) Coaches can, and are encouraged to position their batters and help them during their at bat.
5) A hit ball that strikes the pitching machine is a dead ball and the player is awarded a single.
6) 2-3 defensive coaches may be on the field to assist positioning the players (Minors and Majors ONLY)
7) There will be no bunting, leading off, or stealing in any 8U games.
8) Rotate your players from infield to outfield, and in different positions.
9) Don’t "Windmill". Teach the kids how to identify and listen to the base coaches.
10) The last batter of the inning does NOT clear bases (unless it is an earned home run).
11) There is NO infield fly rule.